Cancellation, Transfer and Refund
Request for cancellation or postponement of your test must be made via e-mail, letter or fax ONLY. Telephone cancellation or postponement will not be accepted.
- Cancellation more than 5 weeks ahead of your first choice test date - you will be charged a $70.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation less than 5 weeks ahead of the test date - you will receive NO refund.
- Failure to appear for the test without notification is considered a cancellation and NO refund will be issued. You must re-apply: please see new application photo requirements.
- Request for Test Day Transfer must be made more than 5 weeks prior to first choice test date.
- Candidates who wish to transfer less than 5 weeks prior to the elected test date will be treated as a cancellation and will receive NO refund, and must re-apply.
- Effective May 13th 2013 all transfers will be subject to a $70.00 administration fee.
Candidates seeking cancellation or transfer within the 5-week period prior to the test date will only receive a refund/transfer if they can provide evidence that their ability to sit for the test has been affected by serious illness or cause
Serious Illness - hospital admission or serious injury: this must be accompanied by a medical note from a registered Medical Doctor.
Loss or Bereavement - death of a close family member: accompanied by a death certificate.
Hardship/Trauma - victim of a crime, victim of a traffic accident.
Candidates must file an application for refund or transfer no later than five (5) working days after the test date. You must complete a "Request for Refund or Test Day Transfer Form" and attach appropriate documentation and/or evidence - medical certificate from a registered medical doctor, a death notice or certificate or police report.
Refunds are paid by cheque and usually take three to four weeks from the date of the request to be processed and mailed.
For all transfer or cancellation requests please complete the following forms and email, fax or mail to the IELTS office: