TWO identical photographs are required to be attached to the IELTS Application Form.
Date of Photograph
Your photograph must have been taken within the last 6 months. This is to ensure an up-to-date likeness.
Standards for Acceptable Photographs
- Candidates must NOT wear glasses in the photograph.
- Only colour photographs are acceptable, black and white photos will not be accepted and a new photo must be accepted with each new registration.
- Photos must be originals, not taken from any existing photo.
- Photos must be taken against a plain white to 18% grey background without shadows. An 18% grey background is recommended for persons having white hair and/or wearing white clothing.
- The face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression and with the mouth closed.
- A full front view of the subject's head and shoulders is required.
The back of BOTH photos must have the following:
- Name and address of the photographer or the studio.
- Date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed).
- Name of the applicant.