Special Circumstance Arrangement
Test takers must give twelve weeks’ notice of their requirement for special needs accommodation.
All applications should be supported by medical evidence, which should meet the following criteria:
- Accessible to the IELTS Administrator in terms of language and legibility.
- An original document on letterhead, and bearing the name, relevant qualification(s) and signature of a recognized practitioner.
- A clear statement of the test taker's disability.
- Justification for the accommodation.
Additional criteria apply in the case of applications for accommodation for test takers with specific learning disabilities (e.g. dyslexia):
- The medical evidence must be in the form of a report prepared in a period no more than two years prior to the date of the IELTS test.
- The report must include details of the degree of disability.
- The report must include an assurance that the evidence of specific difficulties was obtained through the results of appropriate and recognized tests.
- The report must be provided by a fully qualified educational, clinical or chartered psychologist.
The above documentation must accompany the IELTS Application. Please note that not all disabilities can be accommodated.